Each year the images that score well in the club’s monthly competitions are evaluated by an independent judge from outside the club. That judge selects a winning image for each of the club’s 8 trophies. Each winning photographer and the year of their win are listed below under the name of each trophy.
- Robert Strindberg Memorial Award – Best Nature Image
- Patrina/Metzger Award – Alternate Class Best Image of the Year
- Patrick K. Doherty Award – Photo Travel
- Nathan Gutman Memorial Award – Best Creative Image
- Judy Rabinowitz Award – Alternate Class Photo Travel
- John R. Kennedy Memorial Award – Portrait of the Year
- John McGarry Award – Best Image of the Year
- Ed Emmons Award – Alternate Class Best Nature Image
In addition, the names of the winners of now retired awards for slide and print competitions are also listed below, the oldest dating to 1960.
- Slide of the Year
- Print of the Year
- Nature Slide of the Year (1983-2009)
- Buttles-Palmer Award, Alternate Class Slide of the Year (1980-2009)